1. Shop for the best value. Most granite countertops installation companies offer free in-home estimates. You will find Discounted Granite truly offers the highest quality stone for the lowest possible price.
2. Once you decide where to purchase your granite countertops, select a color compatible with the decor of your home. Since granite countertops are natural stones, color variation, pits, and hairline cracks are common. This adds to the natural beauty of your stone. Therefore, your granite countertops will not be identical to the showroom sample. Discounted Granite encourages you to choose your own slab directly from our warehouse.
3. Next, decide if you prefer a drop-in or under-mounted sink. You must provide your fabricator with sink templates, so it is important to purchase your sinks before work begins.
4. Choose a countertop depth. Granite countertops are either two or three centimeters (3/4 or 1 inch) thick. Thicker granite countertops are more expensive, but are stronger and more attractive. Two-centimeter countertops cost less, but usually require plywood supports and laminate edges.
5. Determine what type of granite countertops edges you want. If you don’t see what you like in our showroom, ask us for a custom design. Consider cabinet detail and other architectural features of your home when making your decision.
6. Decide if seamless granite countertops are important to you. Seams in granite countertops are often visible, so you may choose to pay extra for seamless fabrication. Seams can be placed near sinks to minimize their appearance, but this may gradually damage the grout due to water exposure. Ask your installer what would work best for you.
“Definitely the best Granite company i ever deal with, Chris is very professional, very detailed and their work is fantastic!”
MADISON HEIGHTS, MI
WE CAN DO
We offer design, fabrication, and installation of granite kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities for Homeowners or builders. Choose Gemini International as your natural stone supplier. Our products are manufactured to your exact specifications and add convenience, and beauty to your everyday life.
At Gemini International we provide a wide range of materials for commercial properties. If you are an architect, interior designer, contractor, or business owner, we offer natural stone and quartz surfaces to fit your needs!
“We couldn’t have been more fortunate than to have our first natural stone installation experience with Chris and his team at Gemini International Marble and Granite. We visited half a dozen fabricator/installer showrooms the day we met Chris. His showroom was our last stop of the day, and after meeting with him, we knew before we left that we wanted to work with him.
He has some slabs onsite, but if you don’t see something that fits your taste, he will give you a list of numerous suppliers that he works with. We visited a few of them before finding the perfect stone for our kitchen counters. He moved the slabs to his facility where he held them until we were ready. Communication and follow up were excellent throughout the whole process. If he wasn’t immediately available to take our call, he always got back to us before the end of the day.
We did a full kitchen remodel, so Chris was on standby until the cabinets were installed, but as soon as they were, he fit us in right away for templating. After he made the templates, we realized a cabinet wasn’t installed properly which resulted in an additional 3 inches needing to be added to the end of one of the counters. Chris made time to come over and see it for himself to make sure he was clear on the change before fabricating the counter.
Because our kitchen is an unusual shape with a lot of angles, we had to get two slabs. Chris invited us to the showroom after he made the templates to have us decide what part of the slabs to use for specific areas. He did an amazing job of mirroring the pattern of the stone on opposite sides of the sink, and put it together with only one small seam. Details that make him a standout artist in his craft.
Chris is personally involved in every project which results in him being extremely busy, but he doesn’t project that outwardly. He doesn’t rush and truly makes you feel like you are his only customer. I don’t know how he does it!
His team of installers were great, too! Upbeat personalities, careful and precise.
We are already on his schedule for a fireplace hearth and surround and a bathroom vanity counter using what was left of our slabs.